Monday, September 6, 2010

Burda and OttobreWoman

Happy Labor Day!  I will spend it in my sewing room, cutting and sewing a pair of pants.  I have made one pair of black pants recently and made a sleeveless, black shell to wear under suit jackets.   Not exciting, but necessary.  Since I cleaned out my closets, I found "holes" that need to be plugged.

I do not subscribe to Burda or to OttobreWoman, but occasionally would like to have a copy of either.  They are available as single copies on the following websites:

Burda can be found at: http://www.fashionistafabrics.com/

Ottobre Woman is available from: http://www.sewbaby.com/shopbaby/index.php(click on New Products).  You can see the patterns in the magazine on the Ottobre website, here:http://www.ottobredesign.com/.  I like Ottobre because it features REAL women of all sizes and ages. 

Have a super holiday!

10 Talk to me:

Lori said...

Have fun sewing today. I do not subscribe to those magazines either but pick them up sometimes. Thanks for the Sew Baby site for Ottobre.

Sheila said...

Happy holiday and sewing.

Ellen said...

Thanks for the magazine sources! I can't believe that I can't find a Burda magazine anywhere in Atlanta!

Faye Lewis said...

Gwen thanks for the information.

shams said...

Yes, thanks for that info. I know where to find Burda in person, but not Ottobre.

Carol said...

That 'hole plugging' thing is not exciting sewing, but I find that once you've done it, a whole range of possibilities suddenly emerge from inside the closet. I didn't have a simple black pencil skirt, so I whipped one up recently and it's changed my life. I haven't tried Ottobre yet, but I think I need to.

sewistafashionista said...

Thanks for the info Gwen! I am going online to look at them. What fun to find another source for patterns - though I need more like I need a hole in my head.

Julia said...

I started getting the children's Ottobre, but I'll be darned if I'm going to trace those patterns! I have gotten some good ideas though.

Anonymous said...

I made my first pajama shorts. I actually made two. I wear them to bed every night. I am so happy with them. I should probably make some pants soon as it the weather will start getting cold. Hope you'll come take a look. By the way, I am turning 10 this weekend.

Have fun making your pants.

Emily
http://sewingsister.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-cuz-came-over.html

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I wish I had your Burda source last year...before I got into a bidding war on eBay and overpaid for one issue. Good to know about Ottobre too - thanks!

Post a Comment