Saturday, April 24, 2010

Line Me Please!

My trench coat is ready for lining.  Here it is without facings and lining.
This will be a coat I'll love when it's finished.  The lining is aqua, a little lighter than the coat.

I'm hoping to finish it this week.  Famous last words!

47 Talk to me:

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

Your coat is looking good!

Steph said...

I love it. Such a pretty, versatile color.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Wow- looks great! I love the color too!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love the color!!!

JoanneM said...

Gorgeous color!

Rose said...

Wow! That's a great trench coat!! I love the color, too.

Mary Nanna said...

oh wow - I love the details already - the white domes and top stitching - the flaps and the rings, epaulets, sleeve tabs, the works. That is a coat that is a loooooooooooong time in the making with those kind of details - looking fabulous!

Sharon said...

What a beautiful coat and love the colour.

Lori said...

This looks fabulous, aqua is such a great color.

Omega said...

Wow, I love your coat, it's turning out great!
Beautiful color too.

Bunny said...

This is looking fabulous, Gwen. Great color for a redhead!

angie.a said...

Ooh, its beautiful! And such a pretty color. I know those words, haha. :D

Birgitte said...

Looks fabulous! The top stitching is awesome :))

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous colour! Your jacket is beautiful. I'm sure you can't wait to wear it.

Faye Lewis said...

That color is gorgeous!

ELMO said...

What a great summer trench... my clothes talk to me too!!

Sheila said...

Beautiful coat! When it comes to coats I normally look for simple, but a trench coat is a testimony to its military origins. Your coat is a true classic with its storm flaps, epaulets, cuff belt & topsticthing... love it.

Stash said...

I knew I was going to love this and I do! Yummy!

Cecili said...

This trench coat looks great! I love the A-shape and details and the colour you chose is adorable. This is going to be very unique :)

Jody said...

I LOVE your trench coat!!!!! The color and design - WONDERFUL!!!! Where did you find this great pattern? What kind of fabric did you use? QUESTIONS, many questions!

KID, MD said...

OK, I know it's been said, but that color is FABULOUS!! Love it!

Lina said...

I like everything on your trench coat;color,top stitching,pattern...
Simple, I love it!

Linda L said...

Gwen, I am in love with your trench coat. Love the color. Fantastic job. Can't wait to see it on.

Kathi said...

Very pretty!! I know what you mean by those famous last words! I have buttons to put on my rain coat, but my button hole foot doesn't make button holes that big. I have practiced making them without the automatic foot, but it is difficult on the laminated cotton I used. I have put so much time into the coat that I am at a loss as to what to do about the buttonholes! I thought I would have all of it finished over a month ago . . .

sewmonkey said...

Thanks so much for the review of the Simplicity Binding machine. I am waiting for mine, sometimes the mail is so slow ;o) I was having doubts after I order it becasue I have not actually seen the machine. Your review has made me feel good about my purchase.

I have been searching for sewing and quilting Blogs and ran across yours. I decided to follow yours after reading the review and your profile bit on the Home page. We are the same age so I think I will enjoy your posts. We have most likely the same memories of patterns, sewing machines, notions etc from the past. I am looking forward to following your Blog. I have just started a Blog of my own. However I am so new to Blogging it is going to take me awhile to figure out all the things to make it a Blog folks will actually want to follow. Sewmonkey.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh Gwen, it's gorgeous!! The color is so current and the styling timeless. Great job!

Linda T

Uta said...

Looks great! The color will be gorgeous with your red hair.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous coat! Gorgeous color!

Linda T said...

You have done a fantastic job! Love it, color, style, everything!

Nancy K said...

stunning!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I adore the color! This will be a wonderful addition to your wardrobe, so pretty!

Patricia said...

That colour will be fabulous with your hair! The coat looks really good so far. I like the d-ring detail.

Carol said...

This is stunning. What a perfect spring colour.

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful coat! The color will look really nice on you.

Julia said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!! You have to be the best seamstress out there!!!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Love that color! It's going to be a coat you will wear forever.

Toocutedobs said...

OMG!!!! That is fabulous! Geeze, will I ever do anything that looks half as good as that? Forgive my envy, you are just so talented!

Diana said...

Gwen, this is so pretty .I love the colour. Do you despise working with the lining like I do. If only there were a lining fairy out there!!!
Thank you for the comment om my Grand-baby. I've always thought that becoming a grand=parent was God's gift to us for getting older!

Jean said...

Amazing color!

laura said...

I love that coat!!! I would find an excuse to wear it everywhere!!!

Leslie V said...

I have viewed your blog before but never commented. Like your website. The blue trench is done very nice. I really like the topstitching. The detail is wonderful

Insolvency advice said...

Fantastic! You have such a great talent. I'm so impressed with your work.

Kat said...

Lovely in that color!

Susan said...

That is a great looking trench!

Cennetta said...

The coat looks fabulous. Impeccable workmanship.
C

Josie said...

Looking good! I made this coat a few years ago and wore it to death. It's a great pattern and you have chosen a beautiful colour.

katherine h said...

That is looking gorgeous. I love the colour and the pocket details.

Post a Comment