Monday, January 4, 2010

7 Little Patterns

--made their way into my basket during the pattern sale at Jos.  It's difficult to pass up a pattern sale.  I don't even try anymore.

A Chanel style jacket pattern, should I ever decide to hop on the Chanel band-wagon.  I'm totally too late for the sew-along.  A Marcy Tilton jacket pattern that Claire made.  She posted a tutorial on how to adjust this pattern in the chest area.  She is marvelous!  I have plans for this jacket.

A girl can't have too many shirt patterns.  And a jacket that ties in the front.  I have the perfect crinkled fabric for it.


I love a jean jacket.  This one is by Palmer/Pletsch, and is semi-fitted, rather than boxy, like most jeans jackets are.  Another Palmer/Pletsch jacket pattern that has simple lines and always in style.

And finally, this suit by Bagley Mishka.  I like their designs.  This jacket is timeless and perfect for spring.


I didn't get any spring patterns, as some of you did.  There weren't any in the cabinets, or I would have.  They will wait for another sale, another time.  Until then, I have plenty to keep me busy!


15 Talk to me:

Carol said...

The McCalls shirt pattern has been in my collection for a long time and it a great one. It's very quick and easy and doesn't have a collar stand. I like the jean jacket pattern, I think I will get it. I bought a length of black and white animal print denim recently and it would be perfect. Looking forward to seeing what you do with these.

Sharon Sews said...

I have those P&P patterns also - I like her designs. I had just ordered a number of Vogue patterns during their $3.99 Internet sale, not realizing that Joann's had them on sale, so I didn't purchase any Vogues. But I did come home with two of the new P&P spring patterns - a fabulous sheath dress and a suit as well as a Chanel type jacket. I'm also too late for the sew along but still want to sew one. Maybe there'll be a Chanel Sew-Along Part II *LOL*

julia said...

I love all of those patterns and can't wait to see what you do to change them up as I know you will. You always make them your own by adding such great details to everything you make.

Aminat said...

Those are great patterns you got..I love them all...waiting for some pattern sale here too lol. Looking forward to seeing your creations

Anonymous said...

Gwen-- you aren't too late for the sew along. it is ongoing as for now. i am slowly working on mine. feel free to join. would love to have you!

And I love the last vogue~ the jacket is gorgeous!

Uta said...

Maybe we can share a belated Chanel sew-along. I started a jacket last year and would like to finish it in spring... not right away, but definitely in the next couple of months!

Trudy said...

I can't pass up a pattern sale either. I especially love the Bagley Mishka.

Eugenia said...

You've picked out some really great patterns there. Of course you should never pass up a pattern sale - is there anyone who can resist such temptation?!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

I can't pass up the pattern sales either. I picked up a Chanel style jacket from McCall. I've not been a Chanel person in the past but all the nice versions people are making recently are winning me over.

Faye Lewis said...

Great picks.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I have 4 of these in my ever expending pattern collection...so I guess great minds think alike! :)

Susan said...

Yup, my store didn't have the spring patterns yet either. That didn't stop me from adding to my pattern stash either. lol

ClaireOKC said...

Hey Gwen....let me know if you have problems with inserting that princess seam....it really is easy! Good luck.

Nishant said...

a fabulous sheath dress and a suit as well as a Chanel type jacket. I'm also too late for the sew along but still want to sew one

Work from home India

Kat said...

I like them all, but that bottom one is my absolute fave! It's so...Jackie Kennedy.

Post a Comment