There's been a lot of house construction in my home the last few weeks. New windows and doors. Repaired ceilings. Anyone who has lived through drywall dust know the mess I've been in. I cut out Tshirts, had them stacked up and was able to sew a bit while the carpenters were here. But, with the house being in such disarray and mess, it was difficult to do much of anything. It is over. House clean and everything back to normal.
Today, I wanted to try another Kanzashi technique. I didn't have instructions for these petals, but looking at a photo, and fiddling with some fabric, I copied a Kanzashi flower I found online. These flowers are my challenge project for the Designer group I'm going to on Thursday.
It was an absolutely gorgeous day. I had the *new* windows open, letting in a nice breeze. I looked out the picture window in my sewing room and saw our visitors.
Two grown swans and 7 babies. Not a bad view!
7 months ago