I made this short-sleeve jacket last year, out of a black/white houndstooth. I had, in my stash, this piece of olive/loden green left over from a failed project. There was just enough for this jacket. I'm making the hip-length version, and adding a lining.
I have a dark, dark loden green for pants to match. There's enough of the loden green to also make a jacket, so I pulled this pattern to think about.
Carolyn made this a while ago. I'm going to have to go back and search her posts for it. Diana lengthened this pattern to coat length, and it is just fabulous. I'm so glad to have a couple of awesome sewists to review posts for this jacket.
I belong to a couple of really good sewing groups. Needlework and Textile Guild of MI had a two-day workshop on Surface Design. Our instructor was so talented. We painted fabric, and stamped it in the most awesome ways. We started with a blank piece of solid fabric, and by using various stamps, covered the entire surface with print. Lots of fun. Next month, there's a two-day knitting workshop. It's called "Tecture in Knitting". Can't wait.
Creative Clothing Club has 400 members. There's around 100 plus attending each meeting. This month, the program was about patterns. We had a nice demo and talk by someone who uses pattern-making software. The one she uses is WildGinger Pattern Master Botique. She had contacted the company before her lecture, and they sent demo versions on CDs--enough for each of us. You can get a free demo online, also. I've played with it, and it's fun. Oh, and the "show and tell" at this meeting is fabulous!
Off to catch up on your blogs. Sew much!