Sunday, May 23, 2010

Progress in Sewing---

----room!  Gotcha!  No garments to show here.  Not today.  Not next week.  Instead of sewing, I'm pulling up old floor tile with DH behind me, laying new tile.  My sewing room is in distress.  This fabric,

which is on the living room couch, came out of this cabinet.

This is my cutting table/storage.  No cutting going on up there right now!

This is my pattern cabinet.



There's also cabinets along the length of one wall.  My husband built all of them for me years ago.  The floor is finished, and now I'm painting and cleaning from the ceiling to the floor.   It's just time.

Until that room is clean and organized, I'll sew vicariously through all of you. 

19 Talk to me:

Lori said...

Good luck with all the painting and cleaning. great cabinets, you are very lucky!

Toocutedobs said...

Ok, you got me! I saw your new post 6 minutes after it came up and ran right over to see what wonderful new thing you had to show us. Is that the new floor we see in the last photo?

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

How nice that you will have a fresh room to be inspired in. Good for you!

Barb

shams said...

That's so great to get a new facelift on your sewing room! And spring seems like such an appropriate time to do it. :)

Mariela Alethia said...

Redoing the sewing is so refreshing and renewing.

Trudy said...

You got me, too! Love the new tile and cabinet space. Good luck getting it all in order.

Carol said...

Isn't there a saying about having to break eggs to make a cake? I want to redecorate my sewing room, too, but as I live in a house that is a complete renovation work in progress, I don't think I should add to the chaos just yet. I will redecorate vicariously through your sewing room once it's complete!

KID, MD said...

How fun to have a renewed sewing space!! Enjoy it!

Eugenia said...

Think how lovely your room will be to sew in once it has been redecorated and reorganised. I'm very envious!

Nancy K said...

It will obviously be worth it for a nice freshening and updating. enjoy

Ann Made Studio said...

It is a lot of work but so worth it.
You have great cabinets and like mine they magically hold a lot of fabric....it just some how molds itself all perfectly in there :)

Gernella said...

Well only little peeks at that sewing room but I am well impressed. Oh if I had cabinets that size, in fact a cabinet at all. Nice stash as well.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Yeah, wowzers at that stash! I'm covetous of your cabinets - those are awesome. Your husband sounds as talented as you!

Sigrid said...

Great cabinets. And you will have a lovely new sewing room in the end, will be great to work there.

Linda T said...

I did a floor replacement a couple of years ago. Whew, glad it's done. Love those cabinets! Wish I had some like that!

Aminat said...

I love your cabinets... I want one..lol. Your studio will be completely new once you finished.. Good luck

Sheila said...

Nothing like a new space to inspire more creative sewing.

Anonymous said...

Been there, Done that and don't envy you. However, it is truely worth it.

Linda T

Michelle said...

I would be afraid to lay out all my fabrics...I am sure it would take up the whole couch, too! I really need to get organized like that in my sewing space, but it also has to function as a guest room so I can't just take it over completely ;). I can't wait to see the finished studio!

Post a Comment