Saturday, February 28, 2009

An Old Dog Learns New Tricks

This is my first time blogging. I have to learn to navigate, find some tools, import, etc. I read a lot of sewing blogs. It's great entertainment, and I've learned a lot from talented and creative people.

One of my recent projects is The Professional Tote from thecreativethimble.com.


This is a big bag--15"wx18"h. There are two pockets on the front (one is a zippered pocket), a large pocket on the back, large enough to hold a magazine or newspaper, and two elasticized side pockets where a water bottle can sit. Inside, there is a zippered pocket that runs the length of the bag, and more pockets. This is a great bag for shopping, or to tote sewing or knitting. It's definitely going with me to my next sewing class.

The fabric, a quilting cotton, came from Jo-Ann Fabrics. It's a red background with black dress forms, and the fabric is shot with glitter. How cool is that? This fabric also comes in white with black dress forms. I'm going back for more.

More tomorrow.


0 Talk to me:

Post a Comment