Thank you, Lori. You are all familiar with her and her range of talents. She's a very busy lady, and yet she took time to help me with buying a Silhouette machine for my daughter a couple of years ago. She does everything--cooking, sewing, mothering, soon to be grandmothering, has a couple of jobs, and now is producing bag patterns!
The rules for this award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award/Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 3 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Seven things about myself:
1. Years ago, I was certified by NationalQuiltingAssociation as a certified quilting teacher and quilt show
judge. I am no longer involved in that.
2. I have a jacket that is in the Readers Closet in Threads magazine, February issue. I'll be posting about
3. I am very fortunate to be involved in several sewing groups. I live rural, so I have to drive an hour or
so to get to them. It's definitely worth the drive though, to be with such talented women.
4. My grandsons, now age 4 and 5 are a huge part of my life. My husband plays trumpet in 4 bands,
which means a lot of concerts. I try to go to as many as I can. All of this keeps me busy.
5. I love 40's swing music and old black/white films on AMC. And DowntonAbbey. And MadMen.
6. I am older than I think I am. It causes me conflict, sometimes!
7. I've recently started working on SureFitDesigns drafts, and enjoying the process.
On to those blogs which I nominate for the awards above. If you've been nominated, ignore. If you don't like to participate in awards, that is fine--just disregard. For the rest of you, these blogs are worth a visit. Don't miss out.
1. Kathryn, of http://roomforsewing.blogspot.com/ Kathryn is in my Designer group. She sews
beautifully, and has a great sense of humor. Check out her blog.
2. http://sewforthandconquer.blogspot.com/ Marcy makes cutting-edge, avant-garde garments. If you
like the artistic, this is the place to find it.
3. http://everythingsewing.blogspot.com/ Ann makes absolutely fabulous rodeo show garments. She
embroiders and glitzes those garments as well as other types of sewing, crocheting.
4. http://gwenstriptych.blogspot.com/ Do you remember Gwen' (yes another gal sharing my name)
blog "After the Dress"? She discontinued that blog and opened a new one called "InOverMyHead".
5. http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.com/ Ruthie participates in a lot of SWAPs. I admire anyone who
can keep up the pace of a SWAP!
6. http://sewingontheedge.blogspot.com/ You all know Barbara, her style and her outrageous humor!
7. http://mysewingbasket.blogspot.com also known as CalicoQuilter, is a new blog to me. She's doing
some wonderful garment sewing.
8. http://straightjacketmuse.blogspot.com/ Another familiar blog. You're surely aware of Digs. She
just finished a beautiful trench coat and matching hat.
9. http://loweryourpresserfoot.blogspot.com/ Kristy sews for herself, her daughter and tiny son. I'm
amazed she has any time to sew, but she makes some terrific things despite being a busy mom.
10. http://scatteredsewist.blogspot.com/ Belinda is a long-time sewist, and you know she's experienced
when you see her garments.