Monday, May 31, 2010

In My Room

No sewing for me this weekend.  Instead, I finished renovating my sewing room.  It isn't a beautiful room, but it's functional, neat, organized and let me tell you--clean!  There isn't anything, down to the last spool of thread that hasn't had a rag on it!

This is a 13 foot counter top with storage cabinets and drawers and bookcases.   It's where my main sewing machine sits, the tv, and whatever else ends up on it.



Turning around in my chair, there's a table with another machine and a serger.

 Cutting table  and storage.



Pattern cabinet with clam press on top.


Pressing equipment.





3-way mirrors.



And finally, the new floor.




I did do a little sewing tonight--hemming curtains.  Not a job I like, but I am glad I know how. 

Now, I'm anxious to sew a garment.  After I play catch up with the rest of the house!

36 Talk to me:

Kathy said...

You have a beautiful sewing room...very functional and organized!!

shams said...

What a beautiful sewing room! It seems to have everything: clam press, 3-way mirror, lots of storage space. What a great room for creativity.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Ummm I would sew here ~ gladly! *smile* What a lovely space you have to create in!

Rose said...

Drooool! :) what a great space to work in. Lots of room and a place for everything. Thank you for sharing!

Rose in SV

Amy Bailes said...

You're showing us your room just to make us jealous aren't you?

You are so blessed to have such a wonderful room to sew in!

Sharon said...

Love your sewing room and now I feel bad as I have pulled all my fabric out and made such a mess LOL.

Elaray said...

How wonderful! So much space! Enjoy every sewing minute in that beautiful room!

JoanneM said...

It looks amazing. You must feel energized!

Shannon said...

Wow! Your sewing room looks great - amazing organization!

Nancy K said...

The room looks great and well organized. Sigh, I need to take the time to thoroughly clean my space. I'm not sure you've inspired me yet, but the clutter is. Enjoy your room.

KID, MD said...

It looks amazing! *turning green with envy* What a wonderful space!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Now when will your show be on? That looks like a professional sewing studio!

Branka said...

Wow, i can only dreams about something like this, your sewing room is really nice. I'm using a small kitchen table for everything, cutinng sewing and serging. Lucky you!

Sheila said...

Your sewing room is awesome and drooling over your 3-way mirror. I've been on high alert for one, my guy is tired of thrift shop searching and I may have to order one online... yikes the price is astronomical.

Lisette M said...

You are very lucky to have such a great sewing room!!!

Julia said...

Fantastic space!!!! I would love a room like that to sew in. I had mine all nice, neat, and clean just a short while ago, but it's a mess again.

Uta said...

Your sewing room is wonderful! I'd love to sew in there. (Sure beats my corner of the dining room table.)

Μαiρη said...

Very good job!!!

Joyce in NC said...

Your sewing room is great. I'd love to have the space you have and it is so neat!!

Rose said...

I think that your sewing room is beautiful as well as functional. Plus, it's clean!!! I'm jealous...guess I'd better locate that dust rag. I know it's somewhere under the piles of fabric.

Bunny said...

My heavens! Functional is an understatement! You have everything here and it is beautiful. You've done a great job in creating your space. Enjoy!

Steph said...

Wow. That is better appointed than some wardrobing shops I've worked in. Well done, can't wait to see the amazing things that will come out of that room!

Linda T said...

Oh, you make me jealous!!!

Sigrid said...

Great sewing room, nothing wrong with it. You have lots of space and equipment. Enjoy (and use it soon).

Carol said...

Yes, this room IS beautiful.

laura said...

Wow! That's pretty impressive. And I hate to admit it but even if I had that kind of space, I'd still be a lousy sewist!!! But I would enjoy it!

Lori said...

Amazing sewing room and it is set up so nice.

kbenco said...

You can probably see the green glow of my envy from your sewing room. It looks fabulous - but far too tidy, I think you should mess it up with a project or 6.

Little Hunting Creek said...

I'm so jealous! Don't you really want to mess it up now?

Claire S. said...

Wow, what a beautiful space - Enjoy !

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and functional sewing room you have created!! I wish you many years of happy sewing in there!

Linda T

Kyle said...

A three way mirror? Holy cow.
Your sewing space is HUGE!!!

Michelle said...

What a fantastic space! I love your studio!

Tany said...

It looks wonderful!!

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

I so wish we were neighbors!

Nancy Winningham said...

Love, love, love your sewing room. Maybe I can get mine in order this summer. Hmmmm.

Post a Comment