The fabric is black/white wool houndstooth. I made a few changes to the pattern. I added red piping down the CF and on the collar. I made two beautiful, perfect piped pockets, but when I basted them to the jacket, I didn't like them so off they came. The pattern didn't call for a lining, but I prefer it lined. Lining is red.
The major change to the pattern was shortening the length of the collar. The original collar ends at the finished edge of the jacket, so thatt it can be worn standing up. Here's how it actually should look:
But, I would never wear the collar up like that, and making it this way, if the collar is worn down, the two ends of the collar overlap quite a bit. Instead, I made the collar edges stop at CF. The CF to the finished edge of the jacket is 2"--quite an extension. I took 4" off the CB of the collar. It worked out well, and the collar lays nicely now.
I'll wear that jacket over a long-sleeve red Tshirt, which I made today. I'll get a pic wearing it when I get the snaps finished. This makes a nice layering piece, and would be a good transitional garment in between seasons.