I'm a slow sewer. Even when the goddess of good sewing is in my room with me. Slow. When something isn't exactly right, it gets re-done until it is. It's okay--I'm not trying to win a race. Good thing too!
I'm working on DD's jacket--S2701. It has inseam pockets with a flap. Many tailoring techniques are not included in pattern instructions. A tailoring class, I think, is essential to successful jacket/coat making. Here, I've stabilized the pocket area on the jacket with a fusible interfacing, both the front and side-front pieces. Otherwise, the jacket pieces may have some drag on them.
After I got the jacket front and back sewn together and hung up, I could see that one of the pocket flaps was wider at the top than the bottom. Here's the thing: after sewing in a flap, measure the flap width all the way across before continuing. Mine was off a smidgen, but if I noticed it, I figure someone else could see it also. And that makes for cheap looking sewing.
I took the pocket and flap off of that side and reworked it. That took some time, but now both flaps are even and that's a happy thing.
I bought black lining, washed it and disliked it. It's Bemberg Rayon. It wrinkled. It poofed. Blah! I found more black lining in my stash. I love stash! More please.
At this point, the jacket looks like it should. I hope to do some more sewing over the weekend. Not today thought--I'm off for some $1.99 Simplicity patterns at Jo's and whatever else I find, and lunch out with hubby.