This jacket isn't orange, as the photo shows, but red. My hair is, well--red!
The pattern has a lower bodice, which is gathered. To avoid too much of a "baby doll" look, I made pleats in the lower bodice, front and back, instead of gathers, giving it more of a tailored look. I also made pleated cuffs and eliminated the gathers.
Because the buttons are large, and not wanting big, gaping buttonholes, I sewed small buttons on the facing side, sewing the small buttons through the large buttons on the top of the jacket. The jacket buttons like a double-breasted coat--using the small buttons on the facing and butoning from the inside. It's a big awkward to button, but it solved the problem.
The fabric is a poly blend with a textured surface. It was--cheap! I found it in the bargain bin at Jo's. Definitely not a quality fabric. But, it's one of those cheap fabrics that actually sews quite well. I was so pleased with it that I bought yellow and turquoise also. Happy jacket.
I'll be sewing the lining for the green jacket today. If I get off of here.